Mr. Gustavo Viviani is a trial lawyer focusing on litigation matters, particularly of a banking, corporate and estate law nature. He has substantial court experience and frequently represents financial institutions in the Puerto Rico Supreme Court, Puerto Rico Court of Appeals, Puerto Rico State Court, Federal District Court and Puerto Rico Bankruptcy Court.
Before joining the firm in 2010, Gustavo was an Associate Attorney for CitiFinancial, a member of Citigroup, in charge of regulatory matters, administrative complaints and managing litigation cases. Following his time in CitiFinancial, Gustavo concentrated his practice in finance, banking and estate law litigation.
- Ramón Ortiz v. Citibank NA (2012WL5233430, 2014WL3133729, 2014WL5524271); successfully defended Citibank against allegations pursuant to FCRA, TILA Regulation Z, UCC and certain expert witness controversies
- Ricardo Valentín Reyes v. CitiFinancial (2011WL2134048); obtained dismissal of case brought against the financial institution on forced place insurance and civil rights violations.
- Effectively managed numerous civil cases brought against Citigroup entities in Puerto Rico in FCRA claims, breach of contracts and applicable banking laws which were litigated.
- In addition, has successfully Defended Counter-Claims against CitiMortgage, Inc. including Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations and RESPA Regulation X.
- Managed Estate Law claims and court case for UBS Financial Services Incorporated of Puerto Rico and UBS Trust of Puerto Rico.
• American Bar Association
- Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico, Ponce Campus (J.D.)
- University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus (B.A., Economics)
- Puerto Rico State Bar
- United States District Court of Puerto Rico
- United States Court of Appeals for the First District
- Notary Public in the Puerto Rico State Bar