Mr. Omar Marrero is a transactional attorney concentrating his practice in corporate, securities, real estate, consumer protection, distribution law, estate planning, and government affairs. He has substantial experience in structuring business transactions as well as advising on corporate governance matters. Omar has also represented many clients before the Puerto Rico State Legislature monitoring, appraising, and lobbying amendments to legislation.
Prior to joining the firm, Omar served as Secretary of the Department of Consumer Affairs of Puerto Rico and as Member of the Board of Directors of the Puerto Rico Automobile Accident Compensation Administration. Omar has also worked in the corporate department of a major law firm in Puerto Rico, in the Legal and Compliance Department of Citibank International Plc and in the Trust & Estate Department of Banco Popular of Puerto Rico. Since January 2010, he has been lecturing on Corporations Law, LLCs Law and Not-for-profit Governance as an Adjunct Professor of the Inter-American University of Puerto Rico School of Law. Omar has been also a speaker in many seminars and conferences in Puerto Rico concerning Corporations, LLCs, Trusts and Investment Companies.
- Advice top-tier securities and investment management firms as well as Puerto Rico’s principal Family of Funds, on corporate governance and regulatory compliance issues under federal and Puerto Rico securities laws.
- Corporate and real estate counsel for the construction financing of the first six-star hotel in Puerto Rico and the development of Naguabo’s wind farm project.
- Counsel in multiple corporate reorganizations, credit refinancing and restructurings, and real estate divestitures of manufacturing companies.
- Advice a leading Italian professional cosmetics retailer with the commencement of its Puerto Rico business operations ensuring compliance with applicable corporate, permit licensing and consumer protection laws.
- Local Counsel for Japan’s largest manufacturer of biomedical supplies in Puerto Rico Distribution Law matters.
- Puerto Rico Lawyers Association
- New York Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Puerto Rico Judiciary Association Award for academic excellence, outstanding leadership and service to the law school community.
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY (LL.M., Corporate Law)
- Inter-American University School of Law, San Juan, PR (J.D., Summa Cum Laude)
- University of Dayton, Dayton, OH (B.B.A., Accounting/Finance)
- Puerto Rico State Bar
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court of Puerto Rico
- United States Court of Appeals for the First District
- Notary Public in the Puerto Rico State Bar